Thursday 1 October 2009

chapter 5 - How different works will inspire my work

I really liked the craft in Koyaanisquatsi when the camera shows the speeding up and slowing down of time. I wanted to portray the meaningless of time in my video. I think that it would depict a sense of not being in control of anything.

I also like the idea of not having any voices, just a non descript music playing non diagetically and would be effective, and thus make the viewer more aware of the visual aspects of the video.

The idea for my video is to make a short clip about the young homeless people in Horsham, this is a subject which I feel that I can draw inspiration from. I do want to keep the idea of a story minimal because I want to portray the rawness of the situation.

the thought of representing the emotions and how the character is important to the video. However I do not want to use a commercial way of portraying this, my suggestion is to use fire in different forms e.g. a candle/bonfire. fire can represent passion, hope inspiration and dismissal, which would be key points in my video.

Although I have not found a lot of inspiration from the experimental videos I have viewed, I do like the way in which different editing and camera filming has been portrayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment