Monday 9 November 2009

Task 2.3 Prduction and Post-Production Diary

Diary Entry 1. 9/11/09

I started filming this Saturday, I started off with the few ending shots that I needed, I needed to go to a bonfire and film it, I got more footage that I need but I think that it will help me get the better clips. I filmed the bonfire in the evening.

On Saturday afternoon I was in Horsham and I went into the rural areas and found some great locations, I will be going back there on Wednesday, I did manage to get a couple of good shots but time was against me and I found that I didn't have enough time to get all of the shooting done, but I had made time for it on Wednesday afternoon when I will be shooting in Horsham park for the rest of my video.

Diary Entry 2. 10/9/09

I made a decision today that I did not have sufficient time to film all of the shots in Horsham park, I think that it would be a better idea to film a lot of the location and close up shots in the memorial gardens and parks in the Crawley area.

I think that this is a better solution to the problem I had with finding the time and booking out the equipment. I think that if I did film the rest of my video in Crawley I would be able to enlist help of my fellow students, and thus complete my shooting on time.

Diary Entry 3. 16/11/09

After looking and trying to edit the shots that I had, I realised that I did not have sufficient footage to convey a good video and for people viewing it to understand. So I have planned to book out a camera and get the final shots because I cannot possibly contemplate trying to make a video out of a couple of shots.

I have planned to book out the equipment on the Wednesday and edit it on the Thursday. I know that this is eating into my editing time but I think that it is a necessary sacrifice to make in order to complete my video on time with the relevant shots in it.

Diary entry 4. 19/11/09

I finally managed to get all of the footage that I needed to get and all I need to do is record the soundtrack and edit the footage that I have got, I still have not thought of an appropriate name for my experimental video but I'm sure that after I have looked at the finished piece that inspiration for a name will come to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment